Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pity Me...

I was mulling this over the other day. When I die, I want people to pity me. Yes, you heard me right, I want people to pity me.
They should see a life that was so sold out to Christ and was so broken that they can't help but pity me because of all I had lost in this world striving to serving Jesus.
This is not to say that this is the only thing that I want people to remember me. I want my brothers and sisters in Christ to (hopefully) think about the joy I had in serving Jesus, the love I had for men's souls, and all the stupid, corny jokes that I told. What I guess I am trying to say is when a non-christian views my life they should see a man that has joyously given everything up for the sake of the gospel.
Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple."
God has called us to be different, lets live like it.

2 comments:

  1. At the beginning I was thinkin...okay, where is he goin with this...but this was thought provoking! Good post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's all I can say. No actually I can say more...
    JP, this is a great way to live. God is gonna use you to bring glory to His name. He already has. If that isn't our number one purpose, then Christians should be the one pitying, but if we are sold out for Christ, we should be looked upon as missing out. But no, we have won. Christ has.

    ReplyDelete