Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dear Girl

Well, the comments I received all wanted the same thing; poetry. Here's a little something.

Dear girl,
I do not love you yet, but for you my heart beats
I do not know you yet, but someday I will when we meet
I have not seen you yet, but these steady eyes will not roam
I cannot hear you yet, but these ears moan for the sound of you and you alone
Delight of my life!
Can you fathom forever?
To be tethered to the one with whom you weather all of life's storms?
To be loved with a love both tender and warm?
Oh love,
I admit, I cannot
These feelings I will have
Too hard to fathom
A love like this?
It is an endless chasm!
Locked in the vast reaches of my mind
Seeming to be there forever confined
Kept safe till that day where I will say "I do"
That magical moment, those life changing words
Mr. and Mrs. Dooley's wedding day debut
But till then I haven't a clue!
Not a single idea of this love that is new
How to fully direct my passion towards you
How to truly love the one He has called me to
Yes, this locked vault
This mind that is crude
Will hold these feelings for you and only for you
Just remember this...you hold the key.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. That is so sweet. Purity dreams of it's future. :) Yay. Go Jp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this JP. It made me want to cry cause it's so sweet. It makes me happy for that person that will read this knowing it's for them. The Lord will bless you bro.

    ReplyDelete